howto install rules ?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Jan 12 23:00:21 CET 2006

Hi,

with cmake install rules usually look this way:

1) INSTALL_FILES( /share/applications/kde FILES kpager.desktop )
The path is relative to the installation prefix.
Is it necessary to use a variable for this path ?

2) This would look like this:
INSTALL_FILES( ${KDE4_APP_DIR} FILES kpager.desktop )

3) A macro which hides the dir completely would also be possible:
KDE4_INSTALL_DESKTOP_FILES(kpager.desktop)

If a variable is not necessary, I'd prefer 1). It is obvious what will happen,
a look at the man page and you know what it means, nothing is hidden, no
magic. Otherwise I'd go with 2), IMO option 3) hides too much.

What do you think ?

Bye