parsing of the command line

Frederic-Emmanuel PICCA piccaf at physics.mcgill.ca
Tue Jan 10 11:10:13 CET 2006

Nagy Thomas wrote:

>That variable (ARGUMENTS) could not be accessed from a
>tool (generic.py), but perhaps you have a workaround ?

For now I add the ARGUMENTS to the config
config = {
          'modules'  : 'generic cppunit',
          'builddir' : 'build', # put all object files under 'build/'
          'config.h' : 1, # mechanism should be ok
          'rpath'    : 1, # incomplete
          'bootstrap': 1, # incomplete
          #'colorful' : not os.environ.has_key('NOCOLORS'), # only with
scons >= 0.96.91 - now miniscons
          'colorful' : 0,
          'arguments' : ARGUMENTS
         }

And in configure I do a:

I add the arguments to the env with env(..., ARGS=arguments)

I know it is not very clean, but It works.

Another option would be to add in the configure the scons parser.
it is two smalls functions. _Add_Targets ans _Add_Arguments

targets = []
xmit_args = []
for a in args:
        if '=' in a: