cleaning the generic module :)

Frederic-Emmanuel PICCA piccaf at physics.mcgill.ca
Fri Jan 6 15:40:45 CET 2006

David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 06 January 2006 14:11, Frederic-Emmanuel PICCA wrote:
>
>>Last we have -D_BSD_SOURCE and -D_GNU_SOURCE !
>>
>>So it would be nice to let the user choose its licence.
>

> This has nothing to do with licenses, see /usr/include/features.h

/* If _GNU_SOURCE was defined by the user, turn on all the other
features.  */
#ifdef _GNU_SOURCE
# undef  _ISOC99_SOURCE
# define _ISOC99_SOURCE 1
# undef  _POSIX_SOURCE
# define _POSIX_SOURCE  1
# undef  _POSIX_C_SOURCE
# define _POSIX_C_SOURCE        199506L
# undef  _XOPEN_SOURCE
# define _XOPEN_SOURCE  600
# undef  _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED
# define _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED 1
# undef  _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
# define _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE    1
# undef  _BSD_SOURCE
# define _BSD_SOURCE    1
# undef  _SVID_SOURCE
# define _SVID_SOURCE   1
#endif

As you can see if _GNU_SOURCE is define _BSD_SOURCE and _SVID_SOURCE are
automaticaly define and _XOPEN_SOURCE = 500.

We just need _GNU_SOURCE to be define when compiling with gcc.

What about the debug or not debug problem ?