When to use pkgconfig.py?

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Wed Jan 4 20:18:41 CET 2006

David Faure schrieb:

> On Wednesday 04 January 2006 18:18, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>When do I have to use pkgconfig? Some or the libfoo.py use it and some
>>don't.
>

> Well it depends on whether the lib provides a .pc file or not :)
So it would be good to check for the lib the old way when pkgconfig
returns an error or just in case pkgconfig did not find the .pc file?

>>From Windows you can't really find out if a lib provides a .pc file on Unix or not,
> I guess you'll have to ask here.
>

>>And how do I know that pkgconfig is available?
>
> By trying to execute it, maybe
Yes, good idea :)
There seems to be a win32 port of pkgconfig. I'll take a look how to get
some more usefull informations from it - afaics pkgconfig.py doesn't
tell me when .pc isn't found.

Christian