cmake: reducing unnecessary rebuilds

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Feb 23 14:02:20 CET 2006

cmake seems to like to rebuild every single object file in kdelibs after I svn update.
I'm trying to find out why.

One thing I noticed is that DependInfo.cmake seems to be updated just to
change the order of lines in it. I guess this is because it comes out of a hashtable?
It would need to be sorted, to avoid unnecessary changes (which trigger rebuilding,
or at least unnecessary calls to cmake_depends, right?)

Also, somehow something deletes many .o files during the build process so I can't
see exactly why so many files have to be rebuilt, make -d simply says "kdebug.o
doesn't exist anymore, so obviously I need to rebuild it". But why does it get deleted?