parallel build with cmake?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Feb 20 13:43:49 CET 2006

Dirk Mueller wrote:
>Hi,
>
>are there any plans to support parallel build with cmake, and if yes,
> where should I start looking? it doesn't work at all right now and I
> don't know where to debug...

What do you mean? make -jXX doesn't start XX parallel jobs?

By the way, when analysing a similar situation with Teambuilder here at
Trolltech, the only solution we came up with was that we need to stop
using make(1) and use our own build program.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

5. Swa he géanhwearf tó timbran, and hwonne he cóm, lá! Unix cwæð "Hello,
World". Ǽfre ǽghwilc wæs glæd and seo woruld wæs fréo.