KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Feb 16 23:26:42 CET 2006

On Thursday 16 February 2006 21:51, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 16 February 2006 21:28, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > kde4_header()
>
> Good thinking :)
>
> > macro(KDE4_HEADER)
> >  include_directories(${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}
> > ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR} ) endmacro(KDE4_HEADER)
>
> If this isn't done by default (seems cmake will do it), then it would be a
> solution, yes. We want to minimize the typing in every cmakelists.txt, and
> I think there's much work to be done in that direction ;)  (This also
> reduces srcdir!=builddir mistakes risks).
>
> > or, as Brad suggested, slightly extended:
> >    foreach(d ${ARGV})
>
> This would limit the kde4_header macro to this very usage (specifying
> subdirs), which might be limiting for the future, and would be a bit
> strange when reading the calling line. Let's avoid that for now.

Maybe you misunderstood, what I meant was:

macro_extended_include_directories( dom render ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/foo)

would include:
CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR
CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR
CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR/dom
CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR/dom
CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR/render
CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR/render
CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR/foo

[i.e. not kde4_header(dom render  ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/foo) ]

So which would you prefer ?
kde4_header() or an extended version of include_directories() ?

Bye