gnuwin32 related cmake patches

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Feb 16 21:10:45 CET 2006

Alexander Neundorf schrieb:
> On Thursday 16 February 2006 09:25, Ralf Habacker wrote:
>
>> My question is if thereis  a way to lift up the currently platform
>> specific way the gnuwin32 library path are handles to a platform
>> independent way ? I'm asking because many cmake find modules has for
>> example /usr/include /usr/local/include as default setting, which are
>> platform specific (linux sure and perhaps MAC OSX, I don't know).
>> For windows this pathes are completly obsolate.
>>

> Yes, but that's no problem, it works :-)

Just a note: if /usr/local/bin and /usr/bin are really checked on
windows for every find module twice (one for the include path and one
for the library ),  avoiding this obsolate pathes will let configuring
be faster, because path checking on windows need much more time as on
linux.  :-)

>> If there would be a for example a OS_INCLUDE_PATH or OS_LIBRARY_PATH,
>> which will be set in a platform dependent manner by related FIND
>> modules, this ones could be used by all.
>>

> That's on the todo list of the cmake developers, but hasn't been implemented
> yet AFAIK:
> http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake/2006-January/007839.html

Thanks for this pointer.

Ralf