KDE/kdelibs

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Feb 16 21:34:47 CET 2006

Peter Kümmel wrote:
> To test just for getaddrinfo:
> (I think you know all the steps, I just wanna be sure)
>
> 1. rm CMakeCache.txt
> 2. cmake -G"MinGW Makefiles" ../kdelibs/win
> 3. make
> 4. make install
> 5. rm CMakeCache.txt
> 6. cmake -G"MinGW Makefiles" ../kdelibs

The only reason we are not building kdewin32 as part of the kdelibs
build is because there is talk about splitting it out into its own
source tree to be built and installed separately.  There is no reason to
use the same build tree for kdelibs/win and kdelibs.  I suggest this
approach:

First build kdewin32 alone:

$ mkdir kdewin32-gcc-mingw
$ cd kdewin32-gcc-mingw
$ cmake -G"MinGW Makefiles" ../kdelibs/win
$ make
$ make install
$ cd ..

Now build kdelibs: