KDE/kdelibs

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Feb 16 17:19:14 CET 2006

Peter Kümmel wrote:
>> getnameinfo is _defined_ in netsupp.cpp which is not included in
>> WIN32. Don't know if it's supposed to be.
>
>Only when HAVE_GETADDRINFO is not defined (or HAVE_BROKEN_GETADDRINFO is
> defined) in config.h then getnameinfo is defined in netsupp.cpp. So
> something goes wrong with your configure process.

Recent POSIX and all IPv6-capable systems should provide getaddrinfo and
getnameinfo. It's even in RFCs. It's the only true thread-safe and
IPv6-capable way of resolving hostnames.

However, we still support old systems that don't have it. And there are
some that have broken implementations, so we override it.

It makes no sense to have getaddrinfo but not getnameinfo or vice-versa.
So we only test for one.

Can you check if you have getaddrinfo and getnameinfo in your system?
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

1. On frumscafte, hwonne time_t wæs náht, se scieppend þone circolwyrde
wundorcræftlíge cennede and seo eorðe wæs idel and hit wæs gód.