msvc status - win/iceauth

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Feb 16 09:33:13 CET 2006

Alexander Neundorf schrieb:
> On Wednesday 15 February 2006 22:10, Peter Kümmel wrote:
>
>> Michael Drüing wrote:
>>
>>> You forgot iceauth, which is also still missing (i.e. not being built)
>>>
>>> --Michael
>>>
>> What should we do with win/iceauth?
>>
>> Currently the cmake file looks looks this:
>>
>> # this can't stay here in win/, because it links to DCOP, which is not part
>> of win/, Alex if (win_iceauth_has_been_moved_to_kdelibs_dcop)
>>
>>    add_executable(iceauth iceauth.c process.c )
>>    target_link_libraries(iceauth kdewin32 DCOP)
>>
>> endif (win_iceauth_has_been_moved_to_kdelibs_dcop)
>>

> ...and even if it doesn't link to DCOP (as Ralf or Christian told me) and only
> needs ICE, this doesn't really change much, since KDE-ICE is also part of
> kdelibs and not kdelibs/win/.
>
> So what to do ?

We had placed iceauth in the win dir because it is only used on windows.
Because KDE-ICE is used on a platform on more then one targets and to
solve this dependency problem, one way I think would be to move KDE-ICE
out of dcop and let iceauth an dcop use it. Another way is as you
already sayed to move iceauth into dcop and compile it only for windows,
but this wasn't wanted in the past by some kde experts. May be this view
has changed.

Any comments ?

Ralf

Bye