Fwd: Re: Build broken by recent svn checkin

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Mon Feb 13 21:53:09 CET 2006

Sorry, I forgot to CC to all other addresses.

Subject: Re: Build broken by recent svn checkin
Date: Monday 13 February 2006 21:37
From: Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg at snafu.de>
To: kde-core-devel at kde.org

On Monday 13 February 2006 20:08, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> At 12:30 PM 2/13/2006, David Faure wrote:
> >On Monday 13 February 2006 17:33, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> >> The continuous build for kdelibs running at kitware broke with these
> >> errors: /.../kdelibs-cont-src/kdeui/kmessagebox.h:281: error: default
> >> argument for parameter of type 'QFlags<KMessageBox::Option>' has type
> >> 'int'
> >
> >Joseph?
>
> Looks like it was fixed right away.
>
> >> 1. I can set it up so that an email is sent somewhere when something
> >> like this breaks. Should I send it to either of these mailing lists?  Or
> >> are there key people that want this email?
> >
> >I think we should start by sending those automatic mails to the
> > kde-commits at kde.org mailing-list. This avoids getting too much noise on
> > the real mailing-lists. And from there one of us can locate the guilty
> > commit and forward the mail to the committer, or fix the breakage
> > directly.
>
> OK, I will have it sent to kde-commits at kde.org.   For most of our projects
> we have the mail sent to a few key people that are in charge of keeping it
> working.

Unfortunately, it is mostly these kinds of people in KDE that are "buried" in
work. Therefore KDE tries to have shared responsibilities. (I am not telling
that it always works.)

> Also, it is set up to send email to the person that did the
> commit.  For that, I would need a mapping from svn login name to email
> address.

The account list of KDE SVN is public.

It is in:
trunk/KDE/kde-common/accounts

But you can still CC kde-commits at kde.org , as it is the procedure in KDE when
somebody has a "complain" (or simply a comment) about a commit.

(...)

Have a nice day!