Build broken by recent svn checkin

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Feb 13 20:20:38 CET 2006

On Monday 13 February 2006 20:10, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Monday 13 February 2006 18:30, David Faure wrote:
> > I think we should start by sending those automatic mails to the
> > kde-commits at kde.org mailing-list. This avoids getting too much noise on the
> > real mailing-lists. And from there one of us can locate the guilty commit
> > and forward the mail to the committer, or fix the breakage directly.
>
> Since there is so much traffic on kde-commits, I have disabled the delivery. I
> think there may be others which did the same.
> How about a mailingslist especially for compile breakages ?

I think nobody would be on it, better use an existing list for that.
If you're not on it, that's fine. If you break the build you're hear from me anyway ;)

> >On Monday 13 February 2006 17:33, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> Looks like it was fixed right away.
Rather, my mail took 2 hours to come in. Strange.

> OK, I will have it sent to kde-commits at kde.org.   For most of our projects we have the
> mail sent to a few key people that are in charge of keeping it working.  Also, it is set
> up to send email to the person that did the commit.  For that, I would need a mapping
> from svn login name to email address.
You can find that mapping in kde-common/accounts, but I'm surprised: how can you actually
know who made the commit, if there were 30 commits between the last successful
build and the first broken build?

> The more builds the better.   We like to say if it is not tested, it does not work.
Sure. I certainly want to test it at some point.