Build broken by recent svn checkin

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Feb 13 18:30:50 CET 2006

On Monday 13 February 2006 17:33, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> The continuous build for kdelibs running at kitware broke with these errors:
> /.../kdelibs-cont-src/kdeui/kmessagebox.h:281: error: default argument for parameter of type 'QFlags<KMessageBox::Option>' has type 'int'

Joseph?

> A full list can be found here:
>  http://public.kitware.com/KDE/Testing/Sites/andoria.kitware/Linux-Debian-gcc4.1/20060213-1518-Continuous/BuildError.html
> This commit seems to have caused the trouble:
> http://public.kitware.com/KDE/Testing/Sites/andoria.kitware/Linux-Debian-gcc4.1/20060213-1518-Continuous/Update.html
>

> Along this line.   I have two questions for kde developers.
>
> 1. I can set it up so that an email is sent somewhere when something like this breaks.
> Should I send it to either of these mailing lists?  Or are there key people that want
> this email?

I think we should start by sending those automatic mails to the kde-commits at kde.org
mailing-list. This avoids getting too much noise on the real mailing-lists. And from
there one of us can locate the guilty commit and forward the mail to the committer,
or fix the breakage directly.

Thanks for setting that up. Having an automated build with notifications on breakages
is a great improvement.

> 2. We need volunteers to submit dashboards for kdelibs.   Is there anyone with an OSX machine
> that could do a nightly build?  Please send me an email if you have a machine that can
> help with this, and I can give instructions for setting things up.

I have an OSX machine but I didn't try cmake on it yet. No candidate for nightly
builds anyway, it's usually turned off. But we'll see.