cmake - show command line for a test

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Sun Feb 12 20:31:43 CET 2006

Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf schrieb:
>> On Sunday 12 February 2006 18:00, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can I somehow see the command line which is used for a test. Currently I
>>> see only
>>> 'Determining if files crt_externs.h exist failed with the following output:
>>> <sourcecode>'
>>>
>>> When I could see the command line it would be easier to see why the test
>>> failed...
>>>
>>> Christian
>> I guess you had a look at CMakeError.log ?
> Yes
>> For me this contains the full information:
> I read some time ago that these informations are somehow not available
> with msvc (I only see the source). But I did not understand why... cmake
> knows what it's trying to do so it can also write it to CMakeError.log,
> can't it?
>
> Christian

Yes, cmake automatically deletes the on the fly generated makefiles.

I suppose, you are looking for a include path?
To see what happens I've edited the code templates of the tests,

cmake: CheckFunctionExists.c
kdelibs/cmake/modules: CheckPrototypeExists.cmake

What do you attempt to do, maybe I could help.

Peter