kde's cmake files/macros

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Fri Feb 10 16:16:31 CET 2006

William A. Hoffman wrote:
> At 04:58 PM 2/9/2006, Peter Kümmel wrote:
>

>> # The set of files generated by rules in this directory:
>> SET(CMAKE_GENERATED_FILES
>>  "kdeui/ksharedpixmap.moc"
>> <snip>
>>  "kdeui/kspellui.h"
>>  "kdeui/kshortcutdialog_simple.h"
>>

> This looks good.  I am not sure why the kspellui.h is not working for you...

I also have kspellui.h in this file, but depends.make and depend.internal
are empty, there is no scan.

> It seems to work here.
>
> -Bill

Still the same with the new cmake version.
When I disable the SET command in FindKDE4

IF (MS_SDK_DIR)
   SET(KDEWIN32_INCLUDES ${KDEWIN32_INCLUDES} ${MS_SDK_DIR}/include )
ENDIF (MS_SDK_DIR)

it scans for dependencies, when I enable it, it scans not.

I think about removing the setting of MSSdk/include from the cmakefiles,
because
- I've only trouble and maybe I'm not the last one,
- seems the cmake command are correct,
- it depends on windows version, windows configuration, ...?
- is maybe a bug of cmd.exe
- mostly the include path is already set, if not we can force it by
  checking FIND_PATH( WINDOWS_HEADERS_PATH windows.h)...
- I've introduced this MSSdk variable maybe then I also could remove it
- costs me to much time to make this unimportant feature run

Peter

BUT:          "It's not a bug it's a feature!"

enabling the SET command speeds up the recompilation of a file
by a factor of >10!