KDE_EXPORT in kdelibs and winposix

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Feb 9 23:25:11 CET 2006

Ralf Habacker wrote:
> William A. Hoffman schrieb:
>>It must not be finding all the required libraries.  You can edit the CMakeCache.txt
>>file and tell it where the libraries are that it did not find.
>>
> CMake Error: Could not find LibXml2
> Could not find LibXslt
> It is possible to skip this check temporary ?

I think this is a required library for kdelibs which is why it
complains.  You can download binaries for such libs from

After extracting the binaries put the include directory in
CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH and the lib directory in CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH (either
in your environment or as CMake cache entries).  This should allow it to
be found automatically.

I use this command line to build kdelibs since the gnuwin32 and kdewin32
libraries are not in a system location:

cmake ../kdelibs -G"MSYS Makefiles"
-DCMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH:STRING=c:/home/kingb/Programs/KDE/Utilities/include\;c:/home/kingb/Programs/KDE/Utilities/include/libxml2\;c:/home/kingb/Programs/KDE/kdewin32-gcc-msys-install/include
-DCMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH:STRING=c:/home/kingb/Programs/KDE/Utilities/lib\;c:/home/kingb/Programs/KDE/kdewin32-gcc-msys-install/bin

Note that libxml2 put its headers under .../include/libxml2 not .../include.

-Brad