visual studio compile error

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Feb 9 22:08:48 CET 2006

Hi,

On Thursday 09 February 2006 21:52, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> >Hi Bill,
> >
> >this is line 493:
> >
> >  typedef ItemLongLong ItemInt64 KDE_DEPRECATED;
> >
> >And it's the KDE_DEPRECATED macro which I have disabled for
> >_MSC_VER<=1400 in kdelibs/kdemakros.h.cmake
> >
> >You are using 1310 and so KDE_DEPRECATED is __dellpec(deprecated).
> >
> >Seems this deprecated is new, or you are the first one who tries
> >it with net 2003.
> >
> >Disable the definition in the macro or in the generated header,
> >and it should compile.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Peter
>
> OK, that got me further:
>
> I now have these problems:
>
> 1) in kdelibs-nmake/kdeui/kshortcutdialog_simple.h (generated from
> kdelibs/kdeui/kshortcutdialog_simple.ui3) //uic3: property
> `paletteBackgroundColor' for widget `' of type `KPushButton' is not
> supported #ifndef KSHORTCUTDIALOGSIMPLE_H
> #define KSHORTCUTDIALOGSIMPLE_H
>
> The statement about an unsupported widget was not commented out.

That's the EXEC_PROGRAM stderr problem. I have a version which uses
EXECUTE_PROCESS instead here locally, but I haven't committed it yet.
Do you have a recent kdelibs/cmake/modules/kde4uic.cmake ?
There should be a regexp at the bottom of the file which removes this line.

> 2) in kdelibs-nmake/kdeui/kshortcutdialog_advanced.h (generated from
> kdelibs/kdeui/kshortcutdialog_advanced.ui3) m_txtAlternate = new
> KPushButton(m_frameMore);
>     m_txtAlternate->setObjectName(QString::fromUtf8("m_txtAlternate"));
>     m_txtAlternate->setFocusPolicy(Qt::ClickFocus);
>     m_txtAlternate->setAutoDefault(false);
>     m_txtAlternate->setDefault(false);
>
> In the first m_txtAlternate, the "m" was missing.

I have no idea how this should happen. Must also be one of the regexps in
kde4uic.cmake.
You are using nmake, right ?
Does this mean it works for, i.e. you don't have the same problem as Peter ?
So if you have a new "KDE cmake release", I can commit my changes, then these
problems should go away.

Bye