cmake problem under windows/mingw

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Feb 9 20:29:59 CET 2006

Ralf Habacker wrote:
> William A. Hoffman schrieb:
>>We have fixed this in CVS, and it no longer does that.
>>
> Are you refering to the extension problem or also to the missing library
> prefix ('cyg' on cygwin, 'lib' or nothing[1] for mingw). [1] mostly
> packages use the lib prefix, some packages (for example from the
> gnuwin32 project) unfortunally not.
> Additional which branch are you refering ? The related source file in
> the MAIN branch of
> http://www.cmake.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/CMake/Source/kwsys/ seems to be the
> same.
> May be I have overseen this in the list. Are there anywhere binary
> snaphots of cmake on windows, so that I can work on with this new version ?

This has been fixed in MAIN.  The kwsys function is no longer used by
CMake because it cannot know the proper list of prefixes/extensions for
the current platform.  Instead the function that was calling it in
cmMakefile.cxx implements the search directly.

When fixing it I did forget the cyg prefix on cygwin though.  I'll add
it now.

-Brad