cmake problem under windows/mingw

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Feb 9 14:51:31 CET 2006

Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just tried to run cmake on kdelibs using mingw and got problems
>> with QT4, I can't find the reason for.
>>
>> C:\Daten\kde4\kdelibs\win>c:\Programme\CMake-2.3-KDE\bin\cmake.exe -G
>> "MinGW Makefiles"  .
>> -- Check for working C compiler: c:/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe
>> -- Check for working C compiler: c:/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe -- works
>> -- Check size of void*
>> -- Check size of void* - done
>> -- Check for working CXX compiler: c:/MinGW/bin/g++.exe
>> -- Check for working CXX compiler: c:/MinGW/bin/g++.exe -- works
>> -- Found Qt-Version 4.1.0
>> CMake Error: This project requires some variables to be set,
>> and cmake can not find them.
>> Please set the following variables:
>> QT_QT3SUPPORT_LIBRARY (ADVANCED)
>> QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY (ADVANCED)
>>
>> -- Configuring done
>>

>> Then I've tried with msys, the same problem
>>
>> $ /c/Programme/CMake-2.3-KDE/bin/cmake -G "MSYS Makefiles" .
>> -- Check for working C compiler: c:/mingw/bin/gcc.exe
>> -- Check for working C compiler: c:/mingw/bin/gcc.exe -- works
>> -- Check size of void*
>> -- Check size of void* - done
>> -- Check for working CXX compiler: c:/mingw/bin/g++.exe
>> -- Check for working CXX compiler: c:/mingw/bin/g++.exe -- works
>> -- Found Qt-Version 4.1.0
>> CMake Error: This project requires some variables to be set,
>> and cmake can not find them.
>> Please set the following variables:
>> QT_QT3SUPPORT_LIBRARY (ADVANCED)
>> QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY (ADVANCED)
>>

>> Any idea what groes wrong ?
>>
> I think the libnames cmake is looking for aren't correct for mingw. Take a
> look into kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindQt4 to see if the libnames are correct.
>
> Christian

Your right, If tried filemon from www.sysinternals.com to see which
files cmake opens. It searches for .lib extension, while mingw uses an
.a extension, second import libraries are prefixed with 'lib', which
isn't search. Are there any cmake options or settings to add default
library prefix and suffixes ?

Ralf