KDE/kdelibs

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Wed Feb 8 20:06:27 CET 2006

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> SVN commit 506872 by neundorf:
>
> -move the find_package(PCRE) from kdelibs/CMakeLists.txt to kdelibs/kjs/CMakeLists.txt
> -add a check for regex.h in kjs/CMakeLists.txt and error out if neither PCRE nor regex.h have been found
>
> build kdelibs/win independent from the rest of kdelibs/

Hi Alex,

I've tested it totally independent from kdelibs.

In a directory with /win only I build kdewin32 with success
and installed it.
FINE!!

Then I've deleted /win in kdelibs and start the configure process of kdewin.
With the Gui I set the include and lib paths (for kdewin32, png, gif...)
and it configures all with success!!

> this means
> 1) run cmake on kdelibs/win/
> 2) make kdelibs/win
> 3) install kdelibs/win
> 4) run cmake in kdelibs/ -> point it to the place where kdewin32 has been installed to

maybe it could search in the default installation path of kdewin32

> 5) make kdelibs/

> 6) make install
You are very optimistic!

> Peter, can you please check that kdelibs/win/ builds and also installs this way ?
> It might still be possible that somewhere stuff from kdelibs/ is included directly.
> Also eventually $ENV{MSSDK}/include might have to be added in kdelibs/win/
>

> ConfigureChecksWin.cmake is not used anymore, we can remove it if it works this way.

I think we could delete it now.

> Please check also that kdelibs/ configures correctly again. It is required that the include dir
> of kdewin32 is set.
> If all the HAVE_FOO_PROTO checks still fail, please post the error messages from CMakeError.log
>
> Alex

But the build process breaks in linking kconfig_compiler:

/debug
/out:..\..\bin\kconfig_compiler.exe
/STACK:10000000
/machine:I386
/INCREMENTAL:YES
/debug
/subsystem:console
-LIBPATH:C:\sandbox\kdelibs\build\bin
-LIBPATH:C:\sandbox\qt4\qt4\lib
QtXml.lib
kernel32.lib
user32.lib
gdi32.lib
winspool.lib
shell32.lib
ole32.lib
oleaut32.lib
uuid.lib
comdlg32.lib
advapi32.lib
CMakeFiles\kconfig_compiler.dir\kconfig_compiler.obj
/debug
/out:..\..\bin\kconfig_compiler.exe
/STACK:10000000
/machine:I386
/INCREMENTAL:YES
/debug
/subsystem:console
-LIBPATH:C:\sandbox\kdelibs\build\bin
-LIBPATH:C:\sandbox\qt4\qt4\lib
QtXml.lib
kernel32.lib
user32.lib
gdi32.lib
winspool.lib
shell32.lib
ole32.lib
oleaut32.lib
uuid.lib
comdlg32.lib
advapi32.lib
CMakeFiles\kconfig_compiler.dir\kconfig_compiler.obj

Seems it misses some qt libs.

Great work!
Now it's nearly perfect.

Peter