KDE/kdelibs/kjs

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Feb 7 19:42:43 CET 2006

Hi Peter,

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 19:29, you wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > On Tuesday 07 February 2006 19:02, you wrote:
> >> Hi Alex,

> >> It did, it could not include the regex header.
> >> Fixing build breaks is the moment this is the only reason to change
> >> something.
> >
> > Ok, it tries to include regex.h.
> > But where should REGEXP_INCLUDE_DIR come from ?
> > I didn't find it, neither in kdelibs/ nor in CMake/Modules/.
> > Did you forget to add something to svn ?
>
> My fault, I thought if it is declared then cmake would complain about it,
> and call me to give that variable a value.

If the package is not "REQUIRED" it won't complain.
So we should add another check for HAVE_REGEX_H or something like this and
bail out if not found:

if (NOT PCRE_FOUND AND NOT HAVE_REGEX_H)
   message(FATAL_ERROR "Could find neither PCRE nor regex.h")
endif (NOT PCRE_FOUND AND NOT HAVE_REGEX_H)

> > Please let us know where it breaks so we can fix it correctly together.
> >
> > Bye
> > Alex
>
> I don't know, I've closed the shell, but the prototype of config.h
> differs to that one in kdewin. Maybe it't enought to change it there.

If there is a prototype of this function in kdewin/, the check for
HAVE_FOO_PROTO shouldn't have failed. So please let's find out why it failed,
the compile error for this check should be located in the file
CMakeError.log.

Bye