CMake KDE release

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Mon Feb 6 03:27:34 CET 2006

At 06:42 PM 2/3/2006, Peter Kümmel wrote:
>Brad King wrote:
>> William A. Hoffman wrote:
>>> I have created a UNIX source distribution and a windows binary:
>>>
>>> They can be downloaded from here:
>>>
>>> http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.3/CMake-2.3.0-012606-Windows.exe
>>> http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.3/CMake-2.3.0-012606-unix-src.tgz
>>
>> I've created an updated windows binary and source tarball for KDE folks
>> to try:
>>
>> http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.3/cmake-2.3.1-20060203-win32.exe
>> http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.3/cmake-2.3.1-20060203.tar.gz
>>
>> -Brad
>
>Thank you, also with the correct Dlls. :)
>
>Express 2005 does not ship with odbc32.lib and odbccp32.lib
>so I've to remove it manually from
>
>\share\CMake\Modules\Platform\windows-cl.cmake.
>
>Could I install these libraries by a SDK package or it is
>better to remove them from the cmake file, if so, then
>it's a bug report.

This is a bug in CMake, I am working on fixing it.  The libraries originally
came from MS visual studio 6, and the default project it created back in the
start of CMake.  As new versions of the compiler came out, we kept these
things around.  It only recently started being a problem with the release
of free compilers from MS that do not have these libraries.   I think I can
safely remove them for all versions of MS, but I want to do a bit of testing
before I commit the change.

-Bill