cmake hype?

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Fri Feb 3 17:52:52 CET 2006

Am Freitag, 3. Februar 2006 10:04 schrieb Melchior FRANZ:
> * Peter Kümmel -- Friday 03 February 2006 09:52:
> > - objective: scons looks a little bit antiquated because of the usage of
> > a old python version
> >
> > - objective:? scons looks a little bit inflexible because of the refusal
> > to update python
>
> That's pure propaganda. scons does deliberately not use the latest
> python, because A) it's not necessary and B) it works for more people.

Generally speaking, it would be detrimental for any build systems if it
required the latest and greatest tools. Just like autotools don't demand the
latest bash and make, and cmake doesn't demand the latest gcc (I think so, I
haven't tried), scons doesn't artificially diminish its user base by
requiring the latest python.

Otherwise, I also "feel" more progress wrt cmake and I hope it works out in
the end.

mfg
	Leo