cmake hype?

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Fri Feb 3 11:01:00 CET 2006

> Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I currently don't understand the hype about cmake. What's the real
> > adavantage over scons. It can't be the config files - I can't see a real
> > difference between CMakeLists.txt and SConscript (the Sconscript files
> need
> > some cleanup). I can compile kdelibs with SCons on windows - cmake
> doesn't
> > run (yet). The configuration process with cmake is as slow as with
> SCons. I
> > can't run cmake.exe from command line
> > (http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=113852517212137&w=2)...
>
> These files ship with the wrong runtime Dlls. Downloading
> the debug versions solves the problem.
That's not my problem. This is mine:

- ------------------------8<--------------
E:\kde\kde_cmake_build>cmake ..\kdelibs -G "NMake Makefiles"
CMake Error: CMAKE can not find the command line program cmake.
  argv[0] = "cmake"
  Attempted paths:
    "cmake"
    "C:/Hoffman/My Builds/CMakeVSNMake71Dev/bin/./cmake.exe"
    "C:/Program Files/CMake/bin/cmake"

CMake Error: Error executing cmake::LoadCache().  Aborting.

Christian