FindQt4.cmake

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 22:06:12 CET 2006

On 2/1/06, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> Yeah, and I think it would be a *major* PITA to have to write #include <QtCore/QString.h>.
> In fact I would prefer a solution that forbids it...

Let me get this straight.  You'd rather do what is arguably the "wrong way"(tm)
just because you don't want to type a few extra keystrokes?

> One of the reasons is that #include <QString> can be automated by the editor,
> when pressing a key shortcut while the cursor is on QString. If we need to
> add QtCore in front, we need a huge map or some qt-directory-looking code....

> The other reason is simply that it works with other buildsystems. A buildsystem
> should compile the code that other buildsystems (e.g. Qt or unsermake) can compile,
> not mandate that the code be changed first.

The buildsystem aside (because cmake can and does compile it as written),
Qt4 appears to have changed many more things than just where the header
files are.  Surely you don't think they shouldn't also be changed?  How is
this different?

> Surely there's another solution for Mac OSX, given that it works in bksys?

And it works in cmake too, at the cost of lots of complexity.  That still
doesn't mean it shouldn't be changed to the correct usage.

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace