kdebase compilation fails due to missing of _optional_ libxt

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Dec 11 00:21:42 CET 2006

On Sunday 10 December 2006 20:16, Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> Hi!
>
> kdebase's trunk fails to build here with an error:
>
> [ 35%] Building CXX object
> workspace/kdesktop/lock/CMakeFiles/kdesktop_lock.dir/lockprocess.o
> /home/kde-devel/KDE-SVN/kdebase/workspace/kdesktop/lock/lockprocess.cc:64:2
>7: error: X11/Intrinsic.h: No such file or directory
>
> I found out that this header is part of libxt-dev package which I currently
> miss.
> But cmake configure step says that it is OPTIONAL:
>
> -- libXt not found - browser plugin support disabled

This output comes from kdebase/nsplugins/CMakeLists.txt:

if (X11_Xt_LIB)
else (X11_Xt_LIB)

  message(STATUS "libXt not found - browser plugin support disabled")

endif (X11_Xt_LIB)

The same could be checked in workspace/kdesktop/lock/lockprocess.cpp too.

> So I guess right behavior would be:
> 1. Put some #ifdef to lockprocess.cc
> 2. Require libxt development headers for building kdebase

I don't know in which way it is used there, so I don't know whether it's
optional there or absolutely required.
Somebody else (Ossi ?) probably knows better.

Bye