Problems with uic / cmake (missing -L kde_widgetdir)

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 18:09:36 CEST 2006

2006/8/31, Dirk Mueller <mueller at kde.org>:
> On Thursday 31 August 2006 00:09, Michael Biebl wrote:
>
> > Recently the build system of kdesvn [1], a KDE3 application, was
> > switched from auto* to cmake.
> > Unfortunately the build fails for me (running a Debian unstable box
> > with latest KDE and qt3).
>
> I wouldn't recommend to use cmake with kdesvn. I shortly looked into it and
> whoever wrote the CMakefiles has written them with no clue whatsoever. It
> won't work.

Would you care to elaborate? I know the upstream developer and if you
could give me some valuable tips I could pass them along. The cmake
build system is new to him, so there is certainly room for improvement
(and maybe the kde3 cmake macros are not that sophisticated as the
kde4 counterparts)
Any idea how to fix this issues (I don't think it's a problem of badly
written CMakeLists.txt files btw).

Cheers,
Michael