qdbus build error

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Thu Aug 24 19:06:58 CEST 2006

Mathew Yeates schrieb:
>>> But I assume there is a qt-windows snapshot from Monday 21 August?
>>>

>> Yes, qglobal.h says '#define QT_VERSION_STR   "4.2.0-snapshot-20060821"' :)
>>
>> Christian
>>

> Thanks for you help.
>
> 1) Where do I get this snapshot? The one I'm seeing at Trolltech is from
> 20060630.
> 2) What do I do with this? Does it need to be patched?
> 3) Which qdbus do I use? Is the one that comes with the snapshot okay to
> use?

1. from ftp - is there another place to get this (without using rsync or
cvs?) ftp.trolltech.com/pub/qt/snapshots
Any newer snapshot may work also.

2. the msvc patch for 4.2.0-tp1 works with this snapshot too

3. you have to use windbus from sf.net (== dbus cvs +
windows-patch.diff). Before compiling qdbus you have to apply the patch
from windbus (qt-qdbus-win32.patch). Make sure the (currently hardcoded)
path to dbus.h is correct (tools/qdbus/src/src.pro)

HTH
Christian