[SOLVED] Re: cmake 2.4.* does not create moc files in kdepimlibs

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Aug 13 11:53:33 CEST 2006

On Sunday 13 August 2006 04:06, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> At 05:11 PM 8/12/2006, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> >The passing of 1 as a variable to the macro "macro_bool_to_01" was the
> >culprit. CMakeLists.txt in kdepimlibs contained
> >        macro_bool_to_01(LDAP_FOUND HAVE_LDAP 1)
> >and
> >        macro_bool_to_01(SASL2_FOUND HAVE_SASL2 1)
> >
> >Removing the 1 made sense and gave me a working build again, hurra
> >Just don't ask how many hours were spend :/
> >
> >Bill, perhaps cmake should detect such wrong variables in further
> > versions?
>
> I am still not exactly sure what went wrong.  What is macro_bool_to_01, and
> what 1 did you remove?    And what did any of this have to do with moc?

That's the macro:

# MACRO_BOOL_TO_01( VAR RESULT0 ... RESULTN )
# This macro evaluates its first argument
# and sets all the given vaiables either to 0 or 1
# depending on the value of the first one

MACRO(MACRO_BOOL_TO_01 FOUND_VAR )
   FOREACH (_current_VAR ${ARGN})
      IF(${FOUND_VAR})
         SET(${_current_VAR} 1)
      ELSE(${FOUND_VAR})
         SET(${_current_VAR} 0)
      ENDIF(${FOUND_VAR})
   ENDFOREACH(_current_VAR)
ENDMACRO(MACRO_BOOL_TO_01)

I think using "1" as name for a variable might cause some problem.

Bye