Why does konsole depend on kdepimlibs installation?

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Tue Aug 8 05:19:43 CEST 2006

On Monday 07 August 2006 21:47, Adam Treat wrote:
> So, I 'svn up' kdebase/apps/konsole and type make and cmake let's me know
> that kdepimlibs isn't installed.  Is this correct behavior?
>
> manyoso at mobile:/home/kde/build/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdebase/apps/konsole>
> make -- Found Qt-Version 4.2.0-snapshot-20060701
> -- have_visibility: 1 version>=4.1: FALSE bad alloctor: FALSE
> -- Found KDE4 include dir: /home/kde/install/regular/include
> -- Found KDE4 library dir: /home/kde/install/regular/lib
> -- Found KDE4 kconfig_compiler
> preprocessor: /home/kde/install/regular/bin/kconfig_compiler
> -- This is a SVN repository
> -- Using Buildname: Linux-c++
> -- Pam was not found
> Could NOT find a kdepimlibs installation.
> Please build and install kdepimlibs first.
> -- Configuring done
> make: *** [cmake_check_build_system] Error 25

yes, this is correct behavior. anytime you run a build from a subdirectory,
cmake goes back to the toplevel directory and checks to make sure the build
system is kosher, does its dependency checking, and then starts the build of
any dependencies required plus the subdir you are in. The reason you need
kdepimlibs is because it's been specified that all of kdebase needs
kdepimlibs. the configuration of kdepimlibs needs to be made modular in order
to avoid this situation.

For now though, you'll need to install kdepimlibs.
--
Matt