do we want to keep the out-of-source-only requirement ?

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Tue Apr 25 23:42:41 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 25 April 2006 20:53, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since there was a short timespan where in-source builds of kdelibs didn't
> work, we required to always build out-of-source.
> With cmake 2.4.0 and above in-source builds will work again.
>
> Do we want to allow them again ?

It feels like everything would be simpler if we standardized on one thing. How
many help-getting-people-to-build-kde sessions doesn't start with "Do you use
srcdir==builddir or srcdir!=builddir?"

It would also be able to hack on other things instead of patching svn:ignore
all the time ;-)

Cheers,

		Frans