Include directories idea

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Apr 25 19:58:06 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 25 April 2006 20:45, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 April 2006 19:41, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > On Tuesday 25 April 2006 20:31, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > But maybe this would be a bit too much magic behind the scenes.
> > > As it is now it is easy to understand what happens. If you need
> > > some include dir, add it with INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES().
> >
> > Do you also think that including the current source dir and the
> > binary dir associated with the current source dir by default is too
> > much magic? I think at least those ones would be very nice to have.
>
> These two are already added automatically in KDE.

Really? Take a look at this file:
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/kdevquanta/quantacore/CMakeLists.txt

If I remove the ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/quantacore from the list of include
directories I get the following error:
/data/development/sources/kdevquanta/quantacore/dialogs/autocompletionconfig.h:16:38:
error: autocompletionconfigbase.h: No such file or directory
/data/development/sources/kdevquanta/quantacore/quantacorepart.cpp:17:28:
error: donationdialog.h: No such file or directory
(and other similar ones).

The header file is in ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/quantacore, which is normal,
but the header files from this directory are not found.

If I remove ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/quantacore I get:
/data/development/sources/kdevquanta/quantacore/dialogs/dtepeditdlg.cpp:18:18:
error: dtds.h: No such file or directory

Here the dtds.h is in ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/quantacore (which
is /data/development/sources/kdevquanta/quantacore/), but it is
included from a .cpp file from a subdir. I have to explicitely add the
current source dir as an include source!

Andras