Include directories idea

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Apr 25 19:31:53 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Tuesday 25 April 2006 19:12, Andras Mantia wrote:
> The last one might wait, but what would be nice is if cmake would look
> at all the subdirs listed in "set" or other rules where sources are
> added to the target and adds
This would probably be "look at the directories of all source files given to
add_executable() and add_library commands". This might lead to quite alot of
automatic include directories.

> ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/path-to-the-directory/subdir1
> ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/path-to-the-directory/subdir2
> etc.
>
> It would make the CMakeList.txt files more clearer and for the developer
> it would be easier to use and create such files.

But maybe this would be a bit too much magic behind the scenes. As it is now
it is easy to understand what happens. If you need some include dir, add it
with INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES().

To the cmake devs: if you think this makes sense, I'd suggest to merge this
with the CMAKE_INCLUDE_CURRENT_DIR option.

Bye