Asking for a CMake feature

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Mon Apr 24 23:19:38 CEST 2006

Alle 04:59, venerdì 14 aprile 2006, Brad King ha scritto:
> Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > unsermake had a nice feature that when doing
> > make install
> > did only really install what had changed, that is quite important,
> > because imagine you fix one header in kdelibs and do make install, ALL
> > headers are installed and automatically all your programs want to start
> > rebuilding because they think the header changed.
> >
> > If only the changed header is installed things rebuild much less and my
> > productivity increases.
> >
> > So, please please please, can CMake devels make this happen?
>
> Fixed in CVS CMake.

Are you sure it's fixed?
This morning I compiled and installed the new kdelibs snapshot.
Now I just updated and recompiled to have a fix in kdeui/kactionclasses.cpp
and another one in a kdeprint module. make recompiled the two changed files
and did the link of the libraries which depends on kdeui, and then a make
install did the relink and reinstalled *all*.
Yes, using cmake 2.4.0beta, the version released 6 days ago.

Regards,

--
Pino Toscano