KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Apr 20 01:07:55 CEST 2006

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 01:02:49AM +0200, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 April 2006 11:30, David Faure wrote:
> > Better use the cache on the final results rather than the stuff pkg-config
> > issued to us, IMHO.
>
> But it would be completely transparent and the cache hanbdling wouldn't have
> to be implemented in every FindXXX.cmake file again. And it would fit better
> with the rest of the cmake cache handling.

But it can't be as fast. I am concerned about performance, given how many times
that stuff is re-evaluated.

But of course I didn't profile where most of the time was spent... I was planning
to do that -after- doing the obvious, i.e. actually using the cache :)

So, I don't know what's best; maybe someone has an idea about where most of the time
is actually spent during the automatic re-configuring.

David.