cmake colors

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Apr 19 11:56:06 CEST 2006

I updated cmake from CVS to test the upcoming release; the first difference I saw
was the colors. Nice feature, but I think the actual colors could be improved:
light green and yellow are unreadable on a white background.

"Building CXX object" is very-light green; with unsermake it was a darker green, which was
readable on white background. Looking into the code... hmm, strange; it's the escape code
for "bold" which makes the green lighter (and not more bold at all). Hmm, that's in konsole;
in xterm it does both (makes it lighter and more bold). Still not very readable there though.

"Linking" is yellow in both cmake and unsermake, and unreadable in both, but well,
with unsermake only the word "linking" was in yellow, not the actual target being
linked, so the target remained readable.

This sounds like a solution then: since the appeareance (and readability) isn't exactly
the same depending on the terminal, better use colors only for the standard part of
the line but not for the actual target name. What do you think? I would provide a patch,
but better agree first, since it involves changing all calls to AppendEcho() to
separate the leading text ("Building CXX object") from the target being built...

--
David Faure
faure at kde.org