How to set CXXFLAGS with CMake?

Michael Pyne michael.pyne at kdemail.net
Wed Apr 19 03:13:24 CEST 2006

On Monday 17 April 2006 07:54, Allen Winter wrote:
> One idea...
>
> We could introduce a new option for
> kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake, called say
> CMAKE_CXX_OPT_FLAGS_RELEASE.
>
> This variable gets appended onto CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE.   Note that it
> would only be used with release builds.

Well if someone is using kdesvn-build to do release builds only I would be
very disappointed, unless maybe it was 3.5 branch.  But the reason I made
kdesvn-build was to make it very easy to *test* the latest development branch
of KDE (which implies we want debugging).

With that said though, it can't be that hard to set CXXFLAGS (or I hope not
anyways).  Really I just want to know if I should set them through the
environment or by using a CMake option.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne