problems with cmake in kdegraphics

Michael Pyne michael.pyne at kdemail.net
Wed Apr 19 03:06:12 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 18 April 2006 13:59, Stefan Kebekus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently trying to make kviewshell compile with cmake. My problem is
> that the central cmake script of the kdegraphics package should look for
> the FreeType2 library, locate the include file "ft2build.h" and add the
> path to this file to the include path.
>
> Since freetype2 is also used by the povmodeler, and is used internally by
> Qt, I believe that we could reasonable make freetype2 a requirement for
> kdegraphics.
>
> Since I do not feel competent here, I do not want to mess with the
> CMakeLists, so I wonder if anyone knows how to do that properly?

Even if we make FreeType2 a requirement, it would be nice to detect during the
configuration process if it is not present rather than waiting for the
compile to fail.

As far how to do it, I'm not exactly sure, but I assume we could just examing
the code in one of the existing Find*.cmake files in
$KDEDIR/share/apps/cmake/modules

The CMake gurus hang out at kde-buildsystem at kde.org, so forwarding there.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne