KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Apr 18 21:59:13 CEST 2006

Hi David,

On Tuesday 18 April 2006 14:22, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 April 2006 06:22, David Faure wrote:
> > SVN commit 531000 by dfaure:
> >
> > More use of the cache; fixing previous commit to not recheck everytime
> > when something isn't available (e.g. agg for me).
>
> is there a way we can make it check if we've installed something that
> wasn't available before?

I'm not sure your fix is the best way.
AFAIK the cache works like this:
if a FIND_XXX() call is executed, the result if stored in the cache. If it
succeeded, it will be "/usr/local/lib/libfoo.so" or something, if it failed
it will be "foo-NOTFOUND".
When the FIND_XXX() command is executed the next time, the cache will be
checked. If the value is "*_NOTFOUND", the check will be executed again. This
is intentional, so that after installing a missing component it will be found
automatically.

Do these checks actually consume a measurable amount of time ?

Bye