[MSVC8] libxml2 and libiconv

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 17:33:00 CEST 2006

On 4/17/06, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> On MacOS X, from what I hear, the frameworks have both libraries -- i.e.,
> nothing + "_debug". So it looks like we should support the same.

Yes, but I believe when linking you only specify the main name of
the framework.  To have it use the debug version you set the
DYLD_IMAGE_SUFFIX environment variable to _debug
like this:

DYLD_IMAGE_SUFFIX=_debug

and that causes it to load the debug framework at runtime.
It can also be enabled from within XCode.

Ref: http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2004/tn2124.html#SECDEBUGLIB

Cheers,
Tanner
--