[MSVC8] libxml2 and libiconv

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Mon Apr 17 16:57:29 CEST 2006

Thiago Macieira schrieb:
> Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>> Apart from this, I currently stopped msvc compilation because you can't
>> do anything with the resulting apps (it crshes all over the time)
>> because we mix release and debug libs.
>
> KDE has never had that problem because none of the systems we've supported
> so far had a difference between release and debug builds.
>
> Can you explain what is different and what we have to do in order to be
> compliant?
Because MSVC is using two different msvcrt - libraries (one release and
one debug version) you can't mix debug and release libs without a crash
sooner or later. Qt introduced the debug-prefix ('d' or '_debug') to
work around this problem and we need this for kde too. I don't know any
other way to be sure to not mix the libs... :-(

Christian