kdebase dashboard?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Apr 17 16:32:26 CEST 2006

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 10:24:45PM -0400, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> At 11:16 AM 4/14/2006, David Faure wrote:
> >On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 11:18:35PM -0400, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> >> So, the kdelibs dashboard is looking OK now.   Still some issues with
> >> visual studio, but OSX, mingw, and Linux are working well.   What is the
> >> state of kdebase?  Is it time to set up a dashboard for kdebase?
> >
> >Yes this would be useful; but you need to compile and install kdelibs4_snapshot first...
>
> Is kdebase supposed to work with kdelibs svn?
No, not with kdelibs from trunk. That was the point of my reply.

> If so, then the dashboards that build kdelibs could install the nightly builds and then run a dashboard for kdebase
> next.
The dashboard would need to build kdelibs4_snapshot (from branches/work/kdelibs4_snapshot),
then install it, and then build kdebase.

This separation allows us to make large changes to kdelibs without propagating them
immediately to all other modules; it also allows developers of those other modules to
work without having to recompile kdelibs constantly. But for people who want to compile
everything it means one more module to compile indeed.

--
David Faure
faure at kde.org