installing cmake

Melchior FRANZ mfranz at kde.org
Sun Apr 16 17:28:28 CEST 2006

Hi,

I just noticed that cmake doesn't install itself properly. I've
downloaded cmake from cvs, and after installing I noticed that
I couldn't use the man pages:

  $ man cmake
  man: can't open /usr/local/man/man1/cmake.1: Permission denied

Indeed, ...

  $ l /usr/local/man/man1/cmake.1*
  -rw-r-----  1 root root 135060 2006-04-16 17:11 /usr/local/man/man1/cmake.1

I compile and install cmake from my account (umask 027), and
cmake doesn't seem to bother to set permissions to something
useful, unlike auto*. I see that this was fixed for the cmake
executable, but apparently not for the manpages:

      * Makefile.in: BUG: Exectuable installation must set permissions to
        755 in case installer has a umask like 007.

(No, sorry, I won't create an account on the cmake bug tracker. And
I won't complain if it isn't picked up from here.) :-P

m.