check_include_files problem

Richard Lärkäng larkang at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 12:59:13 CEST 2006

Hi!

I've got some problems with the alsa check in kdemultimedia.
The check_include_files for {sys,alsa}/asoundlib.h fails even though they are
both in /usr/include.

The error I get in CMakeError.log is:
/usr/bin/gcc  -Wno-long-long -ansi -Wundef -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-
strings -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-common     -o
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/CheckIncludeFiles.o   -c /home/kde4devel/build/kdemultimedia/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckIncludeFiles.c
In file included from /usr/include/alsa/asoundlib.h:51,
from /home/kde4devel/build/kdemultimedia/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckIncludeFiles.c:2:
/usr/include/alsa/timer.h:108: error: field "tstamp" has incomplete type

When I remove -ansi the testfile compiles, and that flag seems to be coming
from FindKDE4Internal.cmake.

Any suggestions?

/Richard Lärkäng