libsuffix with cmake

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Apr 11 18:48:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

 Many 64bit distributions use lib64 for 64bit libraries and lib for 32
bit ones. AFAIK there are some using lib32 for 32bit and lib for 64 bit
ones. Recently I fixed the automake system for KDE 3.5 to detect if
your distribution is using a suffix or not and use the same for KDE.
This is partly for consistency and partly because some checks relied on
the suffix to find their dependencies (for example KDE using lib and
the OS using lib64 caused the dbus check to fail).
 Now with cmake the same problems appears: by default lib is used,
altough my system uses lib64. Can someone tell me where to fix this in
the cmake files for KDE? Actually what is needed:
- automatic detection (default)
- enabling a suffix selected by the user

Andras