spaces in the path

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Apr 11 18:35:24 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 10:57, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Monday, 10. April 2006 20:43, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> > So, should kdelibs support being built in a directory with spaces in the
> > path?
>
> Yes, it is supposed to work (failures of such indicate a shell quoting
> problem, which is sort of serious).

The problem isn't in cmake, it's in the shell script:

I was not able to write a shell script which forwards its arguments to a
program it calls:

#!/bin/sh

dcopidl2cpp $@

This was then called with a bunch of args, one of them being the filename
containing a space. I was not able to get it working manually on the shell:

# dcopidl2cpp.sh <...some args>  "file name"
or ... file\ name
or any other variations I could come up with.

What's the correct way to do this ?

Bye