dcopidl.bat, perl, and PATH

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Tue Apr 11 16:31:36 CEST 2006

At 05:02 PM 4/10/2006, Ralf Habacker wrote:
>Bill Hoffman schrieb:
>> dcopidl.bat expects that perl is in the PATH.
>> Perhaps this file could be configured, and the
>> FindPerl.cmake module could be used to find
>> perl, then a full path to perl could be used.
>>

>but this will fix the installation path of perl to the build machine. If
>the installed dcopidl.bat is used for a binary package which is
>installed on another machine, perl path may not be the same and
>dcopidl.bat isn't usable.

Well, even with perl in my path, the path does not seem
to be used by the .bat file, I am getting this:

Building Custom Rule c:/Hoffman/kde/kdelibs-vside/kdecore/kdebugdcopiface.kidl
'perl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

It works from nmake, but not from the IDE.

-Bill