khtml/java issues ?

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue Apr 11 12:26:38 CEST 2006

Hi all,

yesterday I tried to fix a compile error of the testserver in
khtml/java/test and added some exports to java related classes.
Koos.Vriezen pointed told me, that too much classed are exported.

Old Makefile.am's told me
    - that in khtml/java there are two libraries,
        - a static uninstalled libkjava used by the testserver target in
khtml/java/tests/
        - a shared kparts based class named kjavaappletviewer
    - that in khtml/java/dummy is an a empty shared library libkjava,
which will be installed
      The svn log from 2002 says about this library 'install a dummy
libkjava.so.1 to restore binary compatibility to 3.0'
    - khtml does not include any java related classes.

The recent cmake files in khtml adds java class to khtml, which I think
is a mistake.
I like to know if this assumption is correct and  if is is correct, that
the installed kjava library is still empty.

Ralf