KDE/kdelibs

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 04:58:00 CEST 2006

On 4/7/06, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:
> And do really all apps which have a GUI need to be a bundle ? How do I start

Yes.

> e.g. kdialog then ? With the full path to the binary inside the bundle ?

Yes, if you're running from the command line.

I'm almost done with a patch adding support to
find_program in cmake to find application bundles
and return executables.  It should be done by
sometime this weekend so I assume if Bill, Brad &
crew are happy with the patch it might get merged
early next week. (crosses fingers! :-) Given an
application name, it will search for the application
bundle and then return the full path to the executable
inside the application bundle which should let the
application be executed as needed.

Cheers,
Tanner
--